A quick look at our history

1920

The forest edge of Überwasser

In the dusty Vidalongstreet above the Villa Miraval there were only trees in the 1920s, hotels only existed around the church square of Ortisei.
1958

House Fauleck

Our first house was built in the area of an old resting place with many benches, known by the locals as the "Faulecke" (lazy corner). Many went there especially on hot days to recover from the day's efforts and just to lounge.
1959

The beginning of our guesthouse

The first guests in our house were welcomed at the end of the 1950s. A guest's Porsche was used for our first advertising postcard.
1969

Enlargement of the house and renaming to Pension Evelyn

After the decision to host the International Alpine Skiing World Championships in 1970 in Val Gardena, we decided to enlarge the house and bring the rooms up to modern standards.
1979

The next decades in Garni

Hospitality and well-being of our guests have always been very important to us. In the 1970s and 1980s we were able to win many regular guests, some of whose children still visit us today.
1990

Minor modernizations bring the Garni Evelyn into the 1990s

Again our rooms were modernized in smaller conversions, the attic was expanded with new rooms and new windows with insulation glass were installed. Also in the 1990's a roofed garage was built.
1998

Reconstruction at the beginning of the new millennium